May 16, 2009

Black & White Photography Class

I finally got around to scanning these black and white photos I took for a class last year.  Shooting with film is definitely a different experience, to say the least.  I do prefer digital over film due to convenience and cost.  But there is something special about working with film and working in the darkroom.  


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My favorite photo from the class:
Photobucket

Photobucket

This one required some involved darkroom work.  Gave me new appreciation of digital post-processing!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




6 comments:

Ada said...

man i remember some of these but not all....love the ones of chris flying and the one of antonios. dont remember antonios.

those are two things i need to come back to california an do. antonios and coupa. alas

dho said...

My favorites are:
- the contrasty leaf!
- and the first one of Chris flying!

^_^

Wilmot Yeh said...

excellent work, Julie! I don't think I've seen these. You made a great choice to print the frame edges in the first 9, and you've captured a set of wonderfully surreal shapes and perspectives.

George said...

Antonios! Love it.

Adam Sadovsky said...

i love the shots of chris. i think they're definitely two of your best shots, at least of the ones you've shown me :)
not sure which i like better, though. in the future you should show only one -- otherwise i want to pick and choose the best parts of each :)

Unknown said...

I particularly enjoyed
- the leaf (texture!)
- your fav photo (the portrait -- ooh those eyes!)
- the ones of chris flying (I recognize that wall!)