January 3, 2010

Death Valley

Just got back from a trip to Death Valley. This is record time for going through my photos after a trip. :) And wow, I haven't posted since July...

Driving through Death Valley:
Photobucket

Hiking the Gower Gulch Trail:
Photobucket

Photobucket

View from the last bit of the trail:
Photobucket

Badwater Basin, close to sunset:
Photobucket

Pretty skies. Beautiful skies were a theme of the trip:
Photobucket

Such surreal lighting:
Photobucket

Close up of the rocks in Mosaic Canyon:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Trees at the Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes:
Photobucket

Sunset at the sand dunes:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sunset over the sand dunes.
Photobucket

Rocks in Fall Canyon:
Photobucket

The narrows of Fall Canyon:
Photobucket

Catching the sunset on the last bit of the canyon trail:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Again, beautiful skies:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All in all, a great trip! Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

such pretty pictures!! my favorites are the Badwater Basin one and the b+w closeup of the sand..cuz there's something about them that makes me want to look twice. looks like u guy had a fun trip! =)

AJ said...

Incredible! Nice ones!!!

Wilmot Yeh said...

Stunning photos! Gorgeous light and some real nice composition. You need to update more!

Unknown said...

Lovely as always! I especially love the b&w tree photo. And the macros ;) And oooh, sunsets! Makes me wish you'd come to visit me at home to help me capture the beauty =)

Amy said...

Gorgeous photographs! I'm so happy you updated - I've been craving the artistry that you so effortlessly capture in your photographs. My favorites are the piled rocks (third from the top) and the b&w tree. I just love how you are able to capture objects in a way that makes someone look twice. And I agree with Wilmot, please update more!

Anonymous said...

incredible pictures! btw what camera do you use?